The husband is on some special 12-week diet/fitness regime at the moment which suggests egg white omelettes for breakfast most mornings. It means we’re knee-deep in egg yolks.
This, at first glance, appeared to be a bit of a waste. That is until I came across a recipe from a blog I follow on Bloglovin for Guinness Chocolate Brownies which requires 7 egg yolks.
And a perfect way to toast St Patrick’s Day.
You can definitely taste the Guinness in these beauties, so if you’re a fan of this Irish tipple, then I think you’ll like them. And they only require five ingredients.
I decorated some disposable coffee cups to package them and they were perfect little treats for some special friends on St Patrick’s Day.
Special thanks go out to the husband for the yolks!
Such a shame he’s unable to taste them. Egg white omelettes er, sound, er, just as delicious.
12-15 servings (depending on baker generosity)
7 egg yolks at room temperature
400g granulated sugar
175ml Guinness Extra Stout
125g self-raising flour
85g cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees C
- Line an 8-inch square baking tray with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy
- Pour in the Guinness and whisk gently until fully combined
- Fold in the sieved flour and cocoa
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and bake for 35-40 minutes
- Cool completely before turning out and slicing
- Delicious served warm with vanilla ice-cream and raspberries.