Who’s up for a little bit of gardening this bank holiday weekend?
No. Not me. Not really. I’m a terrible gardener.
That said, I’m not bad at harvesting carrots. Wanna join in the fun?
Ready, steady, dig!
Make these super easy Easter treats to enjoy over the long bank holiday weekend. Last year, we took them into the woods to enjoy after our egg hunt.
Just construct them once you’re there otherwise they may not make the journey across #soileverywhere.
And chocolate mousse aside, oh and the Oreos…and not forgetting the Candy Melts too, disregard them for a moment (still with me at the back?), then this Easter treat right here is totally and utterly part of your five-a-day #juststrawberriesthen
These Easter treats are easy to make.
- 4 chocolate mousse pots. Ensure that you buy ones in brown plastic pots (I used Sainsbury’s own brand chocolate mousse pots)
- 4 Oreo biscuits
- Handful of orange Candy Melts
- 4 strawberries, stalks attached
- Make the Oreo crumb in your mini food processor or place the biscuits inside a plastic food bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin until a crumb is formed. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Melt a handful of orange Candy Melts in a small, but deep-ish bowl and melt in the microwave on a low setting for 1 minute, or until melted.
- Holding the strawberry stalk, dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate until covered. Lay onto some parchment paper to harden. Store in a cool place until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove the lids from the chocolate mousses and place each chocolate-dipped strawberry gently into each chocolate pot and top with Oreo crumb to create the soil.
Dig and enjoy!